Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Search for Deliciousness

It was unplanned, but we wound up at Momofuku Ssäm Bar last Friday. Don Lee was working behind the bar.

Since it was National Tequila Day, my first drink was a Loop Tonic which was created by Phil Ward at Mayahuel, a Tequila focused bar in NYC from a few PDTers.

Loop Tonic
Herradura Blanco, Green Chartreuse, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup.

I followed this with a drink created at Cure in New Orleans -- Search for Deliciousness. I've since made this several times at home, and I believe I am pretty close on the ratios.

Search for Deliciousness
1.5 oz Cynar
1 oz Punt E Mes
.5 oz Lemon Juice
2 dashes Orange Bitters (Regan's)

It has become a favorite, regardless of the lower alcohol level.

The final drink was a Momofuku creation.

Reverend Palmer
Tea infused Elijah Craig bourbon, Lemon Syrup, and bitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment