Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Best Improv Drink Ever

In my previous post, I mentioned picking up a bottle of Aguardente Antioqueño, and my moderately successful try at an Junior Merino drink, Maiz + Aguardente.

Antioqueño is a bit like Sambucca, anise, and Absinthe, though drier, not syrupy, and milder. While I was sipping the drink, I looked up at my bar, and a light went off that it would pair well with Cruzan Black Strap Rum. Several hours after dinner, I took a shot at making something up, And it turned out beyond my expectations. Even while I was pouring various liquids together, I was thinking, "What the hell am I doing?" but somehow knew it was the right direction.

Black Strap Apple Jack (tentative name)

3/4oz Cruzan Black Strap Rum
1/2oz Flor de Caña Gold Rum
1/2oz Laird's Apple Jack
1/2oz Batavia Arrack
1/4oz Cherry Heering
1/4oz Velvet Falernum
2 barspoons Aguar Antioqueño
1 barspoon Yellow Chartreuse
1/2oz Lime juice
1/4oz French Orgeat


No comments:

Post a Comment